Tiger Mountain Recovery provides substance abuse treatment that is based on the disease model of addiction, emphasizing complete abstinence through the incorporation of 12 step principles, while also providing focus on the 8 essential aspects of a well-balanced life, identified as Health, Relationships, Learning, Environment, Work, Finances, Achievement, & Fun. During treatment we expose client’s to the tenets of working a 12-step program to re-enforce positive lifestyle changes and encourage all program graduates to utilize the greater 12-step community upon discharge from our programs.
The 12 Steps
- We admitted we were powerless over drugs and alcohol – that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs